Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cig Christmas  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Cod

• Control
  • Administrator
    • Caergybi.com
Cig Christmas
« on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 1808 »
We normally have beef because I don't like turkey.  We also have a gammon ham and sometimes a chicken.
"The housecat may mock the tiger," said the master, "but doing so will not make his purr into a roar."

http://www.ipromoservices.com/products/Flower%20Database/id/1072/cat/L

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
    • Caergybi FC
Re: Cig Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 1841 »
Always Turkey, Beef and a Ham of course
while we have time let us do good

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 1942 »
I usually served up Turkey -- with a vegetarian option for my youngest daughter.

The pudding was always "bought-in".

My speciality was always Dads special savoury chestnuts and sprouts (recipe on application).
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 2016 »
I'm definitely a turkey

Offline Shell

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 2057 »
I can't really vote because it tends to differ from year to year.  I spend Christmas day with Delilah and her tribe so it's whatever she decides to make.  When I was growing up it was always turkey, beef and pork.  We always had a home made Christmas pudding from Nain cooked in a muslin cloth.  It wasn't rich enough for my liking but better than a shop bought one.  Mam made her own Christmas cake and that was always the best.  This has brought back nice memories of our old family christmas's :)

Offline nanon

• Other
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 2129 »
We always have Turkey, a bought pudding from M&S and I make a christmas cake. I'll have to ice it this week.

Offline Shell

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 December 2010, 2156 »
Maybe one of the reasons why the traditional turkey dinner is becoming a thing of the past?

Offline Tecsyn

• The Sheriff
  • Lob Scows
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 December 2010, 2115 »
I like a traditional Turkey dinner. M-I-L makes the puds, which are always fab! Either side of Christmas dinner day (the only part I like) we are having Chinese Christmas Eve, and roast beef Boxing day. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline tulip

• Tatw Pum Munud
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 0655 »
I shall be having Lamb or Goat Curry as here in the desert you cant get your hands on many Turkeys, allthough i heard a rummer that some yank may have one in a freezer so we shall see if we can liberate it from him..  8)
Darogan Mertin Dyuad Breyenhin o Gymru werin o gamhwri. Dywawd derwyton dadeni haelon o hil Eryri...

Offline Porty

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 1205 »
I like plenty of wine with mine  ;).

Offline Anchee

• Tatw Pum Munud
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 1212 »
I usually make Pine Nutmeat with Herb Stuffing which consists of two layers of moist, delicately flavoured white nutmeat with a layer of green herb stuffing in the middle. Th rest of the family like the traditional turkey but the cranberry sauce. roast parsnip etc go well with the Pine nutmeat as well.

Offline Lizzie

• The Trifler
  • Other
  • I luvvvvvv Summer
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 December 2010, 2153 »
Just been to get my fresh Turkey for Christmas Day, and lovely Gammon on Boxing Day cooked to perfection with all the trimmings by my lovely daughter in law, who happens to be a vegetarian herself................