Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Holyhead and Anglesy Mail - Lazy reporters and sloppy articles.  (Read 3758 times)

Offline The Prying I

• Pint of Mixed
Re: The Holyhead and Anglesy Mail - Lazy reporters and sloppy articles.
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 0921 »
This is the true score with the HaM.  The are terrified of being sued and therefore only publish what comes out of officialdom which is the Police, Courts, Hospitals, Council, Ambulance, Coastguards etc.  The Daily Post (the HaM's sister paper) misreported an incident in March, 2008 which could not be further from the truth and it heaped praise on the Coastguards who actually should have been hung drawn and quartered for treating a series of 999 calls as a hoax.  Elgan Hearn would not accept my first hand witness statement but instead reported what the Coastguards told him to report. 

They Ham and Daily Post would laugh at the likes of us if we said we are taking legal action but they would never cross Government sources of information since they rely on them for bullsh*t one sided stories on a weekly basis.

The bullsh*t crime figures are shown on the front page to coincide with the Welsh's getting 12 years and is the result of Elgan sitting down with Inspector Harrison who is telling him what to print.  What Inspector Harrison has failed to mention is that the Welsh's will have their sentences massively reduced on appeal because the are disproportionate to the offence.

I would like to see the figures relating to unsolved serious crime and also conviction rates based on reported crime.  Well, not even Insector Harrison and Elgan can massage them figures enough to make them look presentable to the Public. 

We are surrounded by systemic failure in all government departments and the HaM are trying to paint a very different picture by charging you 82p for a pack of lies.
Hooray for Holyhead.

Offline llaingochion

• Gravy
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 0951 »
The Feathers of the Gleesons Fusiliers are ruffled.............................H+A Beware !
Karma waiting around every corner.

Offline The Prying I

• Pint of Mixed
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1023 »
Sandra should hunt Elgan down and give him a piece of her mind and demand he put the record straight.  I would not like to get on the wrong side of Sandra who is capable of delivering the verbal equivalent of a NATO airstrike.
Hooray for Holyhead.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1053 »
She did, she's not satisfied. A small box on page x will not rectify the damage. A huge front page framed piece, where he admits he's a sloppy reporter and didn't even check the facts, might help. 6 months free advertising and a public reprimand for Elgan would be great.

Lazy basdud.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1101 »
I am not familiar with any of the HAM's reporters, but do any of them live in or know anything about Holyhead?
while we have time let us do good

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1139 »
If anybody wishes to contact the reporter, his contact page is here:

http://www.theonlinemail.co.uk/authors/elgan-hearn/

I think he needs some feedback following the picture he used that caused the offence?

Offline llaingochion

• Gravy
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1330 »
She did, she's not satisfied. A small box on page x will not rectify the damage. A huge front page framed piece, where he admits he's a sloppy reporter and didn't even check the facts, might help. 6 months free advertising and a public reprimand for Elgan would be great.

Lazy basdud.
At the very least.Personally I feel he should be "Hung Drawn and Quartered" and his head put onto a stake,and put on the roundabout by Mcdonalds,to warn any future offenders as they enter the town.
Karma waiting around every corner.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 04 March 2012, 1654 »

Lazy basdud.
At the very least.Personally I feel he should be "Hung Drawn and Quartered" and his head put onto a stake,and put on the roundabout by Mcdonalds,to warn any future offenders as they enter the town.

probably more chance of that happening than a public apology, anyway.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1123 »
Well, there's a result...

Offline nanon

• Other
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1229 »
Fantastic !!

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1303 »
That item should have appeared alongside the original "report".

It's called balance.
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Mr-Tomcat

• Lob Scows
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1354 »
Stopped my mam buying it a long time ago, along with the other useless rag the Daily Post, seldom if anything of interest, and more ads than a Soho telephone box. And New Years Day last year 2011, they were charging 50p for a few sheet's of paper, what a farse. Good post Reenie and I agree whole heartidly.

Offline Gribbie

• Administrator
  • That's my treat shorty!
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1533 »
That is a good result
Cybi Leader Sws List
Everyone :-)

Offline Mab y Mynydd

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Other
  • Cogito ergo sum.
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1828 »
Aye a good result ..... and a decent headline too.

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1933 »
er.........is that a thank you to Rhodri folks? Well it shouldn't be. He's been told to write it and would never have used any initative of his own.
It is what it is........innit?

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 1953 »
I'd say it's more a satisfaction that wherever or whomever gave the assignment, they recognised the article was one-sided and inaccurate.

Personally, I'd have preferred to see a straightforward apology in there somewhere but I suppose that's expecting too much.

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 07 March 2012, 2206 »
Nice one Sandra  ;)

Offline Mab y Mynydd

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Other
  • Cogito ergo sum.
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 08 March 2012, 1634 »
er.........is that a thank you to Rhodri folks?
I can't speak for anyone else but, for my part, any thanks from me were directed at those who caused a stir and brought about an explanation through the pages of the newspaper.  The headline, whoever created it, was cleverly crafted.

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 20 March 2012, 1633 »
Imagine the faces on those selected to carry the Olympic torch in the run up to the games. How would you feel if it was a member of your family?

It's something you might think the local community papers would be interested in reporting, sharing and congratulating each and all from their community...............wouldn't ya? Seems Elgan isn't arsed at all. Thought I'd share his lateset tweet

Elgan Hearn ‏ @elgan22
Is this Olympic Torch route stuff more hassle than it's really worth?

A. Yes it is, to those who have lived breathed and trained to be an athlete for the past few years. It means more than your stupid adverts, cars for sale and blistering shyte you produce week after week after week. 

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 20 March 2012, 1919 »
That's atrocious. Really. How on earth can he be so smug and disinterested in something that even national tv channels are excited about.

What an idiot. Is there anywhere to report this fool?

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 21 March 2012, 0029 »
That's atrocious. Really. How on earth can he be so smug and disinterested in something that even national tv channels are excited about.

What an idiot. Is there anywhere to report this fool?

How about Llainy's Complaints Thread?
Not waiting for the others.

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 21 March 2012, 0040 »
Last weeks online version hasn't changed in seven days. Not one change in a week. Given the tech toys these chief reporters have, you'd think they'd update the rag at least once just to let the world know they have a computer.

Offline Cod

• Control
  • Administrator
    • Caergybi.com
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 25 March 2012, 1031 »
Last weeks online version hasn't changed in seven days. Not one change in a week. Given the tech toys these chief reporters have, you'd think they'd update the rag at least once just to let the world know they have a computer.
Maybe nothing has happened.  No cats up trees, no disgust at a rise in the price of frozen chips, not even the planned creation of ten thousand jobs by the opening of a news kiosk in Penisarwaun.
"The housecat may mock the tiger," said the master, "but doing so will not make his purr into a roar."

https://twitter.com/caergybidotcom

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 25 March 2012, 1206 »
Please tell how the HAM compares to the Chronicle and Daily Post?