Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Elgan Hearn- CHIEF REPORTER Holyhead and Anglesey Mail--quotes and stories.  (Read 1670 times)

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
Thought I'd start a thread which should have legs. As long as the Mail continues to fucntion I thought we'd share a story from each edition we're going to be lumbered with. I came across his early tweets and thought you'd like to see how egotistic the man can be.

• We have finished the Mails again for another week - packed full to the brim with great stories.
  • This Halloween stuff is all nonsense. Hope no-one will be bothering me with Trick or Treat tonight!!
  • I'm actually on the Mon Monopoly board - eagle eyed snapper Richard Birch spotted my face on it!
  • Another fantastic copy of the Holyhead and Bangor and Anglesey Mail is out today, some fantastic stories. Well done team.
It is what it is........innit?

Offline Mr-Tomcat

• Lob Scows
Another fantastic copy of the Holyhead and Bangor and Anglesey Mail is out today, some fantastic stories. Well done team

Must be on about another paper, sure as hell ain't our local toilet paper.  ;D

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
Just such a lazy bugger. The attitude echoes throughout the paper.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
Can we make up a few quotes?
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Mab y Mynydd

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Other
  • Cogito ergo sum.
I think genuine ones might cause more confusion.   ;)

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
Oh but the Apprentice is worth his time and energy.  ::)

Elgan Hearn ‏ @elgan22
Had enough watching the dull and boring ManCvChelski - switching over to see what sort of pond life @Lord_Sugar has got on

How could I be so wrong?

Women to win this

The Irish girl is already very irritating  Elgan Hearn ‏ @elgan22
@Lord_Sugar aye that Bulgarian bird looks like a winner!

In reply to Lord Sugar Hide conversation @elgan22
already worried about the blokes - all look like someone from One Direction and no-one wants to be leader

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
ooops forgot to keep you posted. Here's a tweet from this evening.

Elgan Hearn ‏ @elgan22
FavoritedFavorite Close Open Details 100 days to go to Olympics - woopy doo! Means in around 125 days we can forget about the bloody thing! #London2012 #Wasteofmoney

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
ooops forgot to keep you posted. Here's a tweet from this evening.

Elgan Hearn ‏ @elgan22
FavoritedFavorite Close Open Details 100 days to go to Olympics - woopy doo! Means in around 125 days we can forget about the bloody thing! #London2012 #Wasteofmoney

Well he does have a point.  We're tearing money out of the poorest, to give tax breaks to the richest because we are apparently skint,  but we've blown the best part of 10Bn on the Olympics so far and the final bill isn't in yet.

As was pointed out in PMQs today,  you pay VAT on a warm pasty but not chilled caviar.

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
what a typical Holyhead attitude. Shame on you. Unfortunately things have to happen over the cob you know. You'd have a different attitude if fishing was in the Olympics. Or orienteeering

Offline The Prying I

• Pint of Mixed
He should Tweet;  "Photo shoot with Cliff and Geof followed by lunch with John Arthur Jones in Bodffordd."
Hooray for Holyhead.

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
what a typical Holyhead attitude. Shame on you. Unfortunately things have to happen over the cob you know. You'd have a different attitude if fishing was in the Olympics. Or orienteeering

I said he had a point - which in these austerity times he does.  For instance, one of Anglesey's leisure centres will either be privatised and priced out of normal peoples reach or closed because there is no money and that is going on all over the country.  10Bn spent on things like that would have far more benefit for people all over the UK for far longer.

A lot of the facilities are likely to be demolished after the games because nobody wants them.    The main stadium is wanted by two football clubs - West Ham and Spurs I think,  but only if they can add more seating and build over the running track - other than that they aren't interested.  They are offering London councils the pools etc virtually for free and with assisted running costs for a decade and they are still turning them down because they are still too costly to run.   

Personally I couldn't give a toss about the Olympics it's not something that interests me in the slightest and I won't be making any effort to watch any of it.  I also don't have any interest in rugby, cricket and a whole host of other stuff but to spend 10Bn (and rising) of taxes  building facilities to use for a fortnight and then nobody wants does raise questions as to why they bid for it in the first place.

As for orienteering and fishing although they are also specator sports and I don't spectate either and nor do I expect tax money to be spent on them when at the same time we are freezing teachers and nurses pay and shredding their pension plans and expecting students to go into debt instead of getting grants. I love football and we are continually chasing the World Cup and so long as no public money is spent on it then fine but I wouldn't support us bidding if it was going to take Bns  out of the Exchequer.

Offline The Prying I

• Pint of Mixed
Personally, I'd much prefer to watch Fishing than England play for 90 minutes.

Hooray for Holyhead.

Offline gazza

• Administrator
  • Why Aye Yeah
Ain't that kind of missing the point? Yes the economy is screwed and yes they have overspent... I get the feeling that if the economy was great and they came in under budget hed still be poo pooing the Olympics.
Never mind the ylang ylang

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
indeed. He's just a colloquial clansman at heart. He's also a very keen but sh*t golfer. That said, the Mail is supposed to be a community paper-isn't it? Now how often does something of this magnitude touch the people of Anglesey, even north Wales? Never. So being a local hack with very little else to report on, you'd think he'd be happy just to have some new words to learn. But it is Elgan...........pity yeah?