Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bullying In The Workplace  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
Re: Bullying In The Workplace
« Reply #24 on: Monday 21 May 2012, 2329 »
It's a shame that teachers can't discipline kids but other children can yea?
while we have time let us do good

Offline Rascal

• Administrator
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 27 May 2012, 0909 »
I lost my house as a result of Holyheads low life, I didn't retaliate as I didn't want to be like them, now years later I wish I had, as like you Rasal I won't take it anymore either. My lad will not hit back in school no matter how often he's told to, despite being told we will go and sort the school out. Sorry for going a bit off subject.

Do you remember Mr. Gilbert from County TC? He used to be in the Marines and he was telling us the one day how one of the blokes there kept on picking on the others and one of them got it real bad.

They shared a twelve man dorm room in the barracks and when they were all asleep, the one lad that was getting the worst of the treatment, took a fire extinguisher and smashed the jaw of the bully.

The one thing that remained with me from Gilberts account were the words that he told us that the fire extinguisher wielding Marine said. 'You always have to sleep'.

I remembered this and this is when the most of the damge occured to my neighbours property. Like I said, I know where he lives. His caravan copped it, his car copped it, his garden copped it. Nothing to do with me you understand because the person causing the damage made sure they never got caught.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, no pun intended TC  ;)
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

Offline Mr-Tomcat

• Lob Scows
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 27 May 2012, 2308 »
Mr Gilbert no don't remember at all, there again last two years I was seldom there anyway. Yes Rascal indeed there is, and all you have to do is bide your time, and I am doing.  :)

Offline Tecsyn

• The Sheriff
  • Lob Scows
« Reply #27 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1329 »
I was once a custody sergeant at Holyhead, and one day a man was brought in (can't recall what for) and he was a person who bullied me at county over 25 years previously. He was now a pathetic druggie, and I could have taken him on one-handed. I said nothing, but took great delight slamming shut the steel cell door on him. What goes around comes around yeah..!

Offline Rascal

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1459 »
I can understand your frustration Tec. The mental stress of being bullied obviously stayed with you for a very long time. It sounds like you became a better person over them years from restraining yourself from giving the bloke a good kicking too.

Sounds like the bully never made much of his life. I can't understand, no matter how life treats you, why you would turn to drugs and become a junkie like that. But I suppose some people are just born loosers and end up being banged up after getting caught for their crimes.
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.

Offline ben 10

• Bara Brith
« Reply #29 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1543 »
But I suppose some people are just born loosers and end up being banged up after getting caught for their crimes.

About 100,000 every year. Seems to be a lot of "some people" out there.
It is what it is........innit?

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #30 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1736 »
But I suppose some people are just born loosers and end up being banged up after getting caught for their crimes.

About 100,000 every year. Seems to be a lot of "some people" out there.

Fewer than 2 in 100 doesn't seem "a lot" to me.

Mind you maths was never my strong point.

And mind you prison doesn't seem to do the deterring job it's supposed to. And I suspect that it has a very high bullying rate too.
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #31 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1740 »
I've witnessed adults and children using the 'I've been bullied' statement to bully others, we humans have some weird traits at times, I guess Darwin did have the odd off day.

Offline Rascal

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1749 »
What do you mean by Darwin having an off day Carny?

I see from your post Tref, that my statement had been snipped to serve a purpose. I was not referring to all criminals, I was of course referring to bullies and junkies and their pathetic way of life. However, 2% of the population at the bottom end of the scale would fit in with a normal bell curve and be about what is expected.

Offline Carnedyr

• Other
    • Caergybi FC
« Reply #33 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1803 »
We are the Human animal and have our own set of instincts and desires, some more primitive than others. Now looking at the Human Rights Act and what it has become, should we have the right to exercise our physical being towards others weaker than ourselves, as much as we have the right to use that physical being to protect those weaker than ourselves? How much freedom are we prepared to lose? The answer lies in what we have evolved to over the years (ever heard of Charles Darwin Rasc?), our human desire to live with each other and socialize has probably been the root cause of all our laws and governments.

Offline Rascal

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 1833 »
I like that Carny. It poses the same sort of question that the author Anthony Burgess sets in the dystopian events in The Clockwork Orange. When Alex and his droogs do a bit of the old ultraviolence he is stopped from carrying out such acts through medication and brainwashing. In the end he falls and hits his head and returns to his criminal ways. It sets the scene to pose the question, as a society do we have the right to remove someone elses right to mug, rape and kill others if they see fit to do so. It questions the moral codes that we set as a society.

Personally I thought the book was a very brave thing to write as Burgess own wife had been raped by some squaddies and died later. In the book, Alex and the gang pretend to have had a car crash and force their way into a womans house and rape her. That represented his wife and the bloke at the typewriter represented Burgees and his feelings of uselessness as the crime was being committed.

From my understanding, it was not a desire that drove people to live with eachother and socialize. It was more the case that they had to for survival. Chris Stringer explains it extremely well in The Origin of our Species.

Charles Dawrin, have you not heard, he lived down the road from Mab  ;)