Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newry Development gets green light  (Read 27002 times)

Offline Blaster Bates

• Gravy
Re: Newry Development gets green light
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 09 June 2012, 2338 »
The planning system is no guarantee of fairness, I have attached a document which outlines the planning officer's reasons for recommending approval, all this for a site where previously planning permission for housing around Government House was only granted once the number of units applied for was reduced from something like 45 to 35 due to impact upon the area - hence my previous comment about effective lobbying going on in the background. You will also notice from the document that the items recommended for inclusion in the Section 106 agreement makes no reference to maintenance of the breakwater whatsoever - no surprise there then! It is my opinion that if this were included it would kill the development stone dead due to the ongoing commitment that would entail. The application documents estimate that the survival of the breakwater is not essential to protect the development.

One last observation - the application was postponed a couple of months ago to supposedly allow a site visit by the planning committee to take place, to my knowledge this has never happened.

Blaster
Put Plenty In!!

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 0027 »
One last observation - the application was postponed a couple of months ago to supposedly allow a site visit by the planning committee to take place, to my knowledge this has never happened.

Blaster

Knowing that lot they probably did it on Google Streetview.

BLASTER - Do you have a URL to that .pdf?
« Last Edit: Sunday 10 June 2012, 1727 by Che Guevaras Flip Flops »

Offline orange1

• Gravy
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 2345 »
In other words, the gated community, will pay for the luxury of Newry Beach, to the exclusion of the majority, seems to be little in the "design" of the place for democracy. These kind of communities,  ensure that people are kept out, you know the kind of undesireables, so just wait for the CCTV`s to go up also, as if you pay money and have a status symbol, you dont want to really share do you?

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 0758 »
I feel sad about this development and helpless to try and prevent it. Thinking in years soon coming where people can't take the kids for walks down Newry or Penrhos on a nice day. What they (the privileged) like about Newry (and Penrhos), they are going to destroy.

The place won't be fully occupied, like the properties already there. Maybe some will buy as an investment but after all this I predict it to be a ghost village totally out of place on our beautiful coastline.
while we have time let us do good

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
« Reply #28 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 0904 »
Good point about the apartments that are already built Carny. Some of them stand empty. They can't even get rid of them yet more are to be built. I haven't spoken to one person from home that is in favour of the beach being destroyed.
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1026 »
In other words, the gated community, will pay for the luxury of Newry Beach, to the exclusion of the majority, seems to be little in the "design" of the place for democracy. These kind of communities,  ensure that people are kept out, you know the kind of undesireables, so just wait for the CCTV`s to go up also, as if you pay money and have a status symbol, you dont want to really share do you?

I think under the planning this won't be gated with the exception of the residents parking.    Other than that all the shops, cafes beach etc are open to the public along with a public car park.  Bit like the Victoria Quay development in Caernarfon.

Doesn't make it any the more sensible and hopefully they'll lose a fortune on it.

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1042 »
But most of the beach is going to be built on so gated or not, it's not going to be there anymore.

Offline Mr-Tomcat

• Lob Scows
« Reply #31 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1333 »
Good point about the apartments that are already built Carny. Some of them stand empty. They can't even get rid of them yet more are to be built. I haven't spoken to one person from home that is in favour of the beach being destroyed.

Not only do some appartments stand empty at Newry, but the down stairs appartments on one block haven't even been finished, or up till last year they hadn't been.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1337 »

Not only do some appartments stand empty at Newry, but the down stairs appartments on one block haven't even been finished, or up till last year they hadn't been.

Some of what was supposed to be shop space or whatever is just ful of junk and rubble.

Among the apartments,  a lot of what is in theory 'occupied' stands empty most of the time because really they are second homes.

Offline 110samec

• Peas Water
  • To the bat poles
« Reply #33 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1634 »
There are even a lot of empty berths on the current marina. If they can't even fill up whats already what do they think will happen if they double the amount of berths and apartments?

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 1817 »
There are even a lot of empty berths on the current marina. If they can't even fill up whats already what do they think will happen if they double the amount of berths and apartments?

I know someone who had a boat there for a few years and left recently.  Reason was it's too expensive in comparison to other sites and there's loads and loads of Marina space now and you can shop around for better prices.

Offline 110samec

• Peas Water
  • To the bat poles
« Reply #35 on: Monday 11 June 2012, 2229 »
If the development gets carried out I have a feeling that Stena will be setting the prices higher (someone'll have to pay for it). They will increase their monopoly on the town by effectively controlling the recreational boats. This is what happened to the fish dock, now only 2 trawlers use it which resulted in the loss of the ice plant. The rates are far too high for any visiting trawlers.

An interesting fact I found out the other day is that the owner of stena is wanted over in North America and across the European Union for building things without permission (such as that jetty in the harbour).
« Last Edit: Monday 11 June 2012, 2231 by 110samec »

Offline Blaster Bates

• Gravy
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 12 June 2012, 2042 »
Che,

Sorry for the delay - the link is: http://www.anglesey.gov.uk/Journals/2012/05/31/Enc-CH.pdf

It is on the Anglesey Council Planning Department website:

http://www.anglesey.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/councillors-democracy-and-elections/council-committees/planning-and-orders-committee/minutes-agendas-and-reports/planning-and-orders-committee-06/06/2012/117175.article?tab=downloads

Incidentally, I stand corrected about the site visit - it did take place a month or two ago.

Blaster
Put Plenty In!!

Offline 110samec

• Peas Water
  • To the bat poles
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 12 June 2012, 2128 »
Why are the roundabouts within the development surely they're public? I wonder if everyone who gets views obstructed could file for compensation if this goes ahead.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 12 June 2012, 2252 »
Views are not part of the property you buy. Look at the houses at The Rise in Trearddur Bay. The new properties were built up right in front of The Rise and there was nothing the residents could do about it.
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.

Offline proudtobewelsh

• Peas Water
« Reply #39 on: Friday 15 June 2012, 1106 »
i for one am disgusted with what is going on,the newry is my childhood and my mother's  and her mothers before her. and my dads too. these people have no thought for anyone only them selves,money grabbing gits.my fathers ashes were scattered by the Mackenzie 2 weeks ago,i hope he haunts everyone involved  ;D ;D :) :)

Offline themole

• Curry Sauce
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 17 June 2012, 0800 »
Everybody loves newry beach but nobody uses the place, except those who take there dogs for a crap,if your all so concerned try using the place. Build I say.

Offline plasroad

• Peas Water
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 17 June 2012, 1259 »
And people who walk with babies in prams, been down there quite a bit lately and I'm lucky if I see one or two people so it doesn't get used by locals

Offline Shell

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 17 June 2012, 1656 »
Everybody loves newry beach but nobody uses the place, except those who take there dogs for a crap,if your all so concerned try using the place. Build I say.

Nobody uses the place? How many of us learned to ride a bike along the prom? Rolled down the grass banks until we cried with laughter, sat and watched the boats on a sunny afternoon, sat in a shelter canoodling under the stars and harbour lights?
If to build would enhance the loveliness of the Newry then go ahead.  But it won't, it'll be a white elephant, blot on the landscape. 

Offline Mr-Tomcat

• Lob Scows
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 17 June 2012, 2244 »
Hear hear Shell, with you all the way.  ;)

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #44 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 0858 »
So it was you two in the shelter!

Offline Tecsyn

• The Sheriff
  • Lob Scows
« Reply #45 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 1327 »
I wonder if the first shelter will go..? It should be made a listed building..!

Offline Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
« Reply #46 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 1952 »
Just wonder if any of the campaigns have attempted to contact Stena directly to present their views. After all, it will be their money that's paying for it all.
It's just the bear necessities of life!

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 2006 »
well I been speaking to some locals like us, however some do not share the view about it being a bad thing for the town. They say we can still walk along the prom like before and enjoy more shops and cafes, no bad thing and more jobs should be the priority? By the way it was nice and busy on Newry this weekend just gone.