Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garreglwyd "come on down"  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Cod

• Control
  • Administrator
    • Caergybi.com
Re: Garreglwyd "come on down"
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 1815 »
These are images that Millbanker asked me to put up to show what the council are trying to close.

"The housecat may mock the tiger," said the master, "but doing so will not make his purr into a roar."

http://www.ipromoservices.com/products/Flower%20Database/id/1072/cat/L

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 1926 »
You know I got a feeling if the Council do what they want, they will sell the property probably for less than it's worth and make some handy cash for their budget. Also make good friends with any prospective buyer and any related handshakes will be profitable. Or is it typical cynical me?

The place is a big asset for Holyhead and should be treated as such.
while we have time let us do good

Offline Gavalaaah

• Sos coch
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 22 August 2012, 0944 »
Well... now that we've had the meeting I think it's definitely time to consolidate our assets and meet as one group to discuss the way forward and join forces.

As far as I can surmise, the council have contravened the Assembly's guidance on Care home closures which is to do with consultation, namely the fact that they haven't discussed this with family, residents or staff properly.

Maybe this is why we can wave goodbye to Mr Schloss....sloth...shloss...Slosss? As those of us who were at the meeting last night heard, he was not overly keen on answering quite why the council had discussed the closure of Garreglwyd last November, yet kept banging on about it only being a topic for the last three weeks.

John Chorlton should maybe avoid a career with the Samaritans with the positive spin he put on the council's finances! What I didn't get though, is how after we were told to keep questions on topic, how Mr C went on to compare our situation to that of Middlesborough?
Hmm, not the best example to set, or relevant I feel.

Does anyone on here know the leading figures at all? We definitely need to work as a unit now, and as has been mentioned, work towards one petition. Or just use whichever has the most signatures?

There is scope for having a table at the market, maybe the car boots and Tesco's etc to raise more awareness and get more signatures. The online petition has spanned the globe now and is ticking over nicely towards 600 on its own. I know it's not a huge number, but it all helps eh?

Sorry if I've had a bit of a rant, I've been up all night sorting out some work for a client and relentless tends to make me a bit hyper!   :-[ ;)

Anything I can help with or do, just let me know!

I'll go through the points another poster suggested from the posted pdf when I have time.

Ta ta!

This might be handy? http://wales.gov.uk/docs/dhss/publications/090521escconcernsguidanceen.pdf
« Last Edit: Wednesday 22 August 2012, 0954 by Gavalaaah »

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 0951 »
A public meeting was told that now all Anglesey’s other council-owned care homes will be thrown into the mix as part of a comprehensive review of care for the elderly.

Other homes whose future is under review are Plas Mona in Llanfairpwll, Brwynog in Amlwch, Plas Penlan in Llangefni, Haulfre in Llangoed and Plas Crigyll in Bryngwran.

At Tuesday night’s meeting Shelly Heald, who works at Garreglwyd, asked the council’s interim head of communities Stephen Sloss: “Have you been in touch with staff at other care homes yet? When will we find out about our jobs?”

Mr Sloss, who leaves his post in the next few days, answered: “No, we have not spoken to the other homes yet."

“We were hoping to spare other homes the conversation, as it led to quite a bit of drama."

“We will be meeting managers at the other homes tomorrow."

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/08/23/five-more-care-homes-face-axe-on-anglesey-55578-31678960/
while we have time let us do good

Offline monkeyworld

• Curry Sauce
« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 August 2012, 1946 »
It is disgraceful that the Council are contemplating closing the homes on Anglesey to save money.  They should have thought about saving money when they decided to build the new foyer on their office in Llangefni and spending on compiling an electorols list when we did not get an election to name but two way the Council are wasting our money.

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 August 2012, 2300 »
and spending on compiling an electorols list when we did not get an election to name but two way the Council are wasting our money.

They have to do that every year anyway - each year, by law, the Electoral Registration Officer has to prepare a new and accurate voters lists.  This is known as the 'Annual Canvass'.  They also have to supplement this - again by law, with a facility for 'Rolling Registration'.  Has nothing to do with elections - is to do with 'picking-up' all the new voters for that year and trying to work out who has left the area.  Goes on al over UK because that electoral register isn't just for council elections - it's for Assembly and UK general as well and you never know when a by-election or even a full general election is going to be called.

They'll be doing it again next year as well. And every year after.

So far,  only 6% of the cuts required have actually been carried out.  Multiply what you have seen already by 15 and that's the scale of whats to come.  That isn't to put us in the black,  that's just to stop us sliding deeper into debt and to show how little that 6% actually is,  the just-announced renovation of Parliament will cost a quarter of what has been so far saved.   

Most people have no comprehension of the scale and impact of what is yet to be even announced as to what is going to happen to public spending at all levels over the next decade or so.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 28 August 2012, 0930 by Che Guevaras Flip Flops »

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 1254 »
Any news?
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline nanon

• Other
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 19 September 2012, 1544 »
I wonder if the council have thought where they will put all they these elderly people if they close the nursing homes. The elderly people won't have there own homes to go back to.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 11 October 2012, 0734 »
A Public Meeting to discuss the the proposed closure of Garreglwyd Residential Home, will be held at Holyhead High School, tonight (11th) at 7pm
All Welcome, your views and support are very Important in the fight to keep this lovely home open!
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 09 March 2017, 1205 »
5 years on. I think GG is still standing.

What's happening?

Offline Jean

• Not very Welsh dragon
  • Other
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 09 March 2017, 1632 »

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Monday 13 March 2017, 1339 »
Curiouser and curiouser :)