Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Penrhos/ Land & Lakes/MonFM  (Read 12126 times)

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Penrhos/ Land & Lakes/MonFM
« on: Wednesday 13 February 2013, 1114 »
For those interested, Mon FM will be hosting a radio phone-in at 2-4pm on Feb 20th regarding the Land & Lakes/Penrhos development.

Present will be:-

Against The Development
Hilary Paterson-Jones, Chair, Save Penrhos Nature Reserve.
Raymond Jones (Lab), Councillor, Anglesey County Council

For The Development
Richard Sidi Director, Land & Lakes
Joe Lock, (Lab) Councillor,Holyhead Town

Although the development is in Joe Lock's Town Council ward, it's surprising Labour have allowed him out of his box. He's not a particulalrly gifted politician in my opinion, possessing a remarkable ability to shoot himself in the foot, but for some reason the local Labour party continue to have great faith in his future.

You can submit questions in advance by e-mail (studio@monfm.co.uk), or tweet on the day to @MonFMRadio , or call-in during the programme on 01248 722224

Mon FM can be listened to on their website monfm.co.uk via a PC, handheld, or a mobile phone

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Re: Penrhos/ Land & Lakes/MonFM
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 February 2013, 2035 »
Joe Lock has withdrawn.    One wonders whether he has been ordered to.    Paterson-Jones would have minced him very very quickly and easily.       Speculation is that they will 'up-gun' their team and put either Chorlton or even Albert in his place.

Another possibility is Labour do not wish to appear divided and because Raymond Jones is part of the 'anti' group and  is definately not for turning or even lowering his profile, they will surrender their 'pro' place to someone not connected to the Labour Party

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 2013, 1646 »
THERE IS A SITE MEETING AT PENRHOS THIS THURSDAY 21st FEBRUARY AT 11AM. THE OFFICIAL COMMITTEE WHO MAKE THE DECISION ON THE LAND& LAKES PLANS WILL BE VISITING PENRHOS. AMONGST THINGS THEY WILL ASSESS IS MANY PEOPLE ARE WALKING THERE.   IF YOU ARE FREE CAN YOU BE THERE TO SHOW THESE PEOPLE HOW BUSY PENRHOS GETS.

« Last Edit: Saturday 16 February 2013, 1649 by Che Guevaras Flip Flops »

Offline Blaster Bates

• Gravy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 February 2013, 0848 »
Not much help for the 21st, but I was there yesterday and the car park was FULL, lots of people and children enjoying themselves. One wonders what the point of going there mid-week is when the children have just gone back to school?

Blaster
Put Plenty In!!

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 February 2013, 1219 »
Not much help for the 21st, but I was there yesterday and the car park was FULL, lots of people and children enjoying themselves. One wonders what the point of going there mid-week is when the children have just gone back to school?

Blaster

My personal opinion is they have picked term-time, midweek, winter in order to deliberately get an artificially low impression of usage.

Offline Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 17 February 2013, 1922 »
Aye, for many tourists, holidaymakers etc that are onbly there during the summer months, it is also something of a pilgrimage.

I think more or less everytime I come to Caergybi I visit in turn: Penrhos; South Stack; Newry; the Breakwater and various other places, just for the tranquility.

Che, has BBC/ITV news been informed of this meeting? They may be interested in sending a crew up.
It's just the bear necessities of life!

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 February 2013, 2157 »
Aye, for many tourists, holidaymakers etc that are onbly there during the summer months, it is also something of a pilgrimage.

I think more or less everytime I come to Caergybi I visit in turn: Penrhos; South Stack; Newry; the Breakwater and various other places, just for the tranquility.

Che, has BBC/ITV news been informed of this meeting? They may be interested in sending a crew up.

Yes.  In my capacity as webmaster for the website (savepenrhos.co.uk),  I have sent details to all the local and regional press and also to the BBC and other interested organisations (RSPB, Badger Protection, Friends of the Earth etc)

Offline bunnyears2

• Peas Water
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 February 2013, 2347 »
I'll be there, take a 'dentist' hour off. How long will the site meeting be on for? Going to ask others if they're free to visit ;D.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 February 2013, 2137 »
No more than an hour to an hour and a half as they will be at Llangefni for a Q&A after that.

Offline The Prying I

• Pint of Mixed
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 February 2013, 2151 »
Gutted I can't make it, I would love to ask them how the development is going to create 600 jobs as reported in todays Daily Post. 
Hooray for Holyhead.

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 February 2013, 0453 »
if you work out how many jobs 1 person can do in an 8 hour shift the answer is more realistic.
while we have time let us do good

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 February 2013, 0823 »
Gutted I can't make it, I would love to ask them how the development is going to create 600 jobs as reported in todays Daily Post.

They starting to box clever over that.   As the discerning reader knows they use the phrase (fte) in conjunction wiht jobs and are now mumbling about dependent on season, site occupancy rates etc etc.     

Other things that are being downplayed - even though they are in council discussion documents,  the planning applications etc are that they already have a similar complex in Cumbria.  It's less than 30% finished and is up for sale.      The 500 associated houses they wish to build at Kingsland - the vast bulk will not be aimed at 'locals' and already behind the scenes they and certain councillors want some of the cymraeg schools changing back to English for fear that the development will not attract the 'right type' of people if they can't send their kids to local schools because they don't understand welsh.  And the final thing they play down is that the holiday park at Penrhos/Cae Glas won't start being built until after the workers accommodation is pulled down after Wylfa B is built so using an example timescale based on pre-Wylfa work starting tomorrow and the published build times,  Penrhos Holiday Park will not open for business for 14 years at least.

Offline Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 1241 »
Any news from the site meeting?
It's just the bear necessities of life!

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 February 2013, 1632 »
Any news from the site meeting?

It was the Planning Inspectors.  Apparently they don't believe that the checks and environmental studies have been carried out properly and may be sending them back to L&L with a very tight time limit to re-do them satisfactorily

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 02 March 2013, 1415 »
For anyone who missed the MonFM show like me cos was at work, you can replay it here:

http://www.mixcloud.com/MonFM/the-great-debate-20-2-13-land-and-lakes-development-at-penrhos/

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 05 March 2013, 1611 »
A 120m holiday village project tipped to create 600 jobs has been dealt a blow with the Countryside Council for Wales coming out against the plan.

Tourism company Land and Lakes wants to create the giant leisure park on 630 acres at Penrhos Coastal Park and agricultural land on the outskirts of Holyhead.

It would see nearly 500 holiday lodges built along with a water park and leisure village.

There would be a further 725 homes built - with 300 of those used to house workers on the planned Wylfa B scheme.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2013/03/05/countryside-experts-come-out-against-120m-holiday-village-55578-32926640/

Good News  ;)

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 March 2013, 1057 »
You will notice how the first story which you linked Carnedyr ( http://tinyurl.com/cajec22  )  has beeb re-published 12 hours later as this one (  http://tinyurl.com/cnkslvx ).

The first story you could comment on,  the second is the same story, with one sentence from an opponent, one sentence from a supporter -  and two paragraphs from Richard Sidi and no comments allowed.  Sidi makes the observation that it's only 1% of Anglesey's coastline.

Which is exactly the point Sidi you cretin.   We don't oppose you building it, just building it there build it somewhere on the other 99% - such as next to Wylfa.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 March 2013, 1749 »
Latest is that CCW aren't just against this,  they are 100% against it full stop.  They -are saying Penrhos is not just important to Holyhead or Anglesey - it's important to the entire nation of Wales.

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 March 2013, 1010 »
I know Che, the daftest idea that it is possible to develop an area of outstanding natural beauty says it all really?

Oh all those lovely natural holiday homes in place of 200 year old trees, and there will still be a small part of the area freely open to the public, well it's all going to be accessible to the public so long as you pay for a holiday there.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 March 2013, 1355 »
It represents a remarkable shift in position by CCW.    4 months ago they were ambivalent towards the project but since they got more involved in the detail of the proposals and visiting the site to see for themselves they have moved from ambivalence to total opposition in any shape or form.  Such a dramatic shift in such a short space of time has caused the Welsh Government to bring forward their next committee meeting to the week after next.   So that's now NWWT, CCW, FoE, Woodland Trust and several other big-hitters firmly in the 'no' camp.

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 March 2013, 1511 »
It represents a remarkable shift in position by CCW.    4 months ago they were ambivalent towards the project but since they got more involved in the detail of the proposals and visiting the site to see for themselves they have moved from ambivalence to total opposition in any shape or form.  Such a dramatic shift in such a short space of time has caused the Welsh Government to bring forward their next committee meeting to the week after next.   So that's now NWWT, CCW, FoE, Woodland Trust and several other big-hitters firmly in the 'no' camp.

Good news hopefully

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 March 2013, 1613 »

Good news hopefully

Only if they can trump the developers claim that they have the right / need to make money.
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Carnedyr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 March 2013, 1412 »

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 March 2013, 1444 »
"Colleagues agreed?" ??

No resolution proposed? No vote taken?

Not my idea of democracy - participatory or otherwise.
Not waiting for the others.