Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Penrhosfeilw  (Read 812 times)

Offline CyrilJones

• Sos coch
Penrhosfeilw
« on: Monday 11 May 2015, 0700 »
Anyone with an interest in Penrhosfeilw history might like to look at http://penrhosfeilw.weebly.com  This is an account of the Williams/Roberts family which occupied Gofdu farm from the beginning of the 19th Century until the 1960s.  If anyone has anything of interest to add (or correct) I'd love to hear from you.  Cyril Jones, Melbourne.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
Re: Penrhosfeilw
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 May 2015, 1441 »
Hello Cyril, thanks for posting this. I'm sure it will appeal to a lot of people. Not everyone who reads our articles is actually active on the boards so don't be disheartened if there aren't many replies.

thanks again and Croeso to CG.com
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline CyrilJones

• Sos coch
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 May 2015, 0532 »
I'd like to broaden the story of Penrhosfeilw by incorporating stories from other families in the area.  There was a lot of inter-marriage, and I think I'm probably related to at least half of them.  I hope people read what I've written and add to it.  Edwin Owens' "Mynydd Twr" touches on the area but doesn't go much further.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 May 2015, 0724 »
When I worked at Garregwlyd, there was a resident called Bob Twr -also from The Mynydd. I though he was a lovely man but some had other opinions. In his eyes I could do no wrong because I was engaged to a Royal Welchman. On my wedding day I stopped by all dressed up in my meringue style gown. Lovely old Bob shed a tear. I can still see him sitting there, with a huge smile on his face as tears escaped down his cheeks. bless his heart. 28 years ago this August :D
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 May 2015, 1129 »
I don't know anyone in the story but I love the old photographs, especially of the lady in the flat cap.
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

Offline nanon

• Other
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 May 2015, 2004 »
And the washing drying on the garden wall.

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 May 2015, 2333 »
I wish my Nain and Daid were still here, I bet you anything they would have known them. My Daid knew everyone, we couldn't walk anywhere without people stopping and talking to him. I have even been sat on the beach and people have told me that they knew my Daid and he was a brilliant fisherman.

I will ask my mam and dad if they know.
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!