Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An appeal from Councillor Shaun Redmond - A TALE OF THE CORRUPT HOLYHEAD COUNCIL  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
10 Ponthwfa Terrace
Llaingoch
Holyhead
Anglesey
LL65 1PG
01407 764112
Shaunredmond654@btinternet.com
13th June 16, 2015

To everyone who believes in the rule of democracy

A TALE OF THE CORRUPT HOLYHEAD COMMUNITY COUNCIL

The community council of Holyhead appears to be wallowing in the mire of corruption, misappropriation, maladministration and illegal actions. On 8th June, the council seems to have sunk into the abyss.

On Monday 8th June, at 11.00 a.m. a “special” meeting in the council chamber was called by the town clerk specifically to discuss criticism of the community council made by a member of the public in a complaint to the Ombudsman.  Councillors present bowed to bullying and resolved to misappropriate public finances to support individual councillors’ personal grievances through expensive solicitors.

In the meeting, it appears that certain Holyhead councillors manipulated the rest of the council to protect themselves from exposure of their alleged wrongdoings. Apparently, councillors present were forced to make a decision based on hearsay, without seeing any evidence, as these certain councillors refused to divulge the written material in question. Councillors complied and are therefore accomplices in the actions of the council.

The council agreed to use public finances, to threaten the use of libel and defamation to silence critics who are exposing their seemingly unlawful actions. Some councillors appear to place personal self interests before public duty. Solicitors were consulted on the grounds that the community council has been libelled and defamed.

The council agreed to send a solicitor’s letter, at your expense, to a member of the public threatening him with legal action for libellous and defamatory comments if he continues to criticise the council even though these comments have not been made in public.
 He has merely made a legitimate complaint to the Public Ombudsman for Wales.

FACT: In law, it is not possible to libel or defame a public authority. It is considered by the Law Lords (Derbyshire County Council versus The Times Newspaper, 1993) that criticism of a public authority is   an integral part of freedom of speech and the rule of democracy. The principal officer (town clerk) should have been aware that the council cannot be libelled and should have offered the council the appropriate advice as the council’s advisor on legal matters.

Libel and defamation can only be argued and resolved in a court of law. As the evidence against the council appears compelling, taking such action would bankrupt the council and therefore the town but this does not appear to concern councillors.
Surely it would be best practice for the council to make a case against the complaint through normal complaints procedures and through the Ombudsman?

All this conducted behind closed doors.  The public and press were banned from attending the “special” meeting despite the fact that the subject was directly of interest to the public.

A community council that attempts to inhibit freedom of speech and prevent the community its democratic right to criticise does not deserve to be allowed to exist.
Following a complaint to the Ombudsman from the council regarding comments I had made, the  Ombudsman’s response was “The council Code of Conduct must not be used to inhibit free speech” …“the council should use the media to rebut any criticism”.

THE TRUTH: Holyhead Community Council is a corrupt organisation where procedures, protocol and the law are flippantly disregarded. Evidence that has been collated over the past two years or so will show there has been illegal activity within the council.
I will be seeking an independent inquiry into the activities of Holyhead Community Council.
The evidence I have collated has the potential to lead to a Judicial Review and criminal charges.
The list of corrupt activity is extensive and includes:

1.    Individual councillors making decisions without reference to others.

2.    Using non independent internal auditors

3.    Failure to acknowledge complaints.

4.    Publishing minutes that are distortions of the fact and not officially approved.

5.    Misleading the public and other authorities on employment.

6.   Misappropriation of public finances.

7.   Corruption of Standing Orders. (Rules of Council conduct)

8.   Acting illegally in regard to Local Government act 1972.

9.   No public consultation with the community.

This list is by no means complete; it is a snapshot of the extent of seemingly corrupt and unacceptable activity of the council.

I call on Holyhead Community Council to agree to independent arbitration and have all the allegations independently scrutinised and a learned opinion delivered.

An independent inquiry into the activities of Holyhead Community Council will test the evidence I and others have catalogued over the past three years.

I ask the community of Holyhead for their active support in removing this undemocratic corrupt council.

Please contact me on the numbers above or e mail to register your support.

Yours Sincerely

Cllr S J Redmond

Offline HARV

• Peas Water
Go Shaun,  will be in touch soon  ;D

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Gribbie

• Administrator
  • That's my treat shorty!
Can someone give the background to this? I'm a bit lost with what it's about.
Cybi Leader Sws List
Everyone :-)

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Basically Shaun Redmond ( a Town Councillor himself) wants the council recalled and forced to stand in an election for their seats.   At the same time he believes he has sufficient evidence of a high enough grade to warrant an investigation by regulatory bodies into the council and certain individuals and how it and they conduct their business.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
I sincerely hope this happens. Not so much because I believe that they Council are corrupt but because a lot of locals do. Ever since I was a child I can recall the mutterings and mumblings of family and friends about illicit practices in which council members were reputed to be part of. I would applaud an investigation into their dealings so that once and for all, the record can be set straight. Prove the rumours wrong and let it be or kick them all out for being corrupt.

Basically, if they're honest they have nothing to lose.
« Last Edit: Monday 06 July 2015, 1650 by Reenie »
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
Reenie is right, the same names have been mentioned time and time again for as long as I can remember.  However, you have to take into account that this is just gossip and hearsay.  I would like to see what concrete evidence Cllr Redmond has to bring to the table, never mind a re-election, if the law has been broken, he should produce the evidence and let the relevant authorities take appropriate action.
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Letter from Councillor Redmond to the Holyhead & Albert Mail

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
What I want to know is what punctuation ever did to him, to be so abused.

Secondly - aren't these all just unsubstantiated accusations? Do you not need at least a pic of CaeSeri parked on a double yellow, or documentation of Jean whatsername's illegal trading, as well as the rest of the allegations?

Just saying like - if it's true it's scandalous but if it's true it needs concrete evidence to have any weight whatsoever. Is it true? Is it proven?

Good luck to Cllr. Redmond.