Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Confidence in Holyhead Town Council: petition.  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Re: No Confidence in Holyhead Town Council: petition.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 June 2015, 1723 »
There are abusive comments on it already one of which asks the question "WHO WILL BURY OUR DEAD AND LOOK AFTER MAESHYFRYD CEMETARY"

The answer is that if any elected body stands down (or is forced down),  civic employees continue doing their job, getting paid etc etc.   Exactly the same as when the government calls an election - the civil service keeps going, or when the County council has it's elections - all the employees just keep working just the same.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 September 2015, 1248 »
There was a meeting of the Town Clowncil last night (Mon 07 Sep).   It dissolved in chaos with the councillors refusing to discuss things with members of the public present (council meetings are supposed to be public so they are chasing themselves up their own arse with that position).

This is an eye-witness report from a member of the public that was present:-

Well I'm off out to enjoy this September sunshine....while we still have some 'Open Green Spaces' to enjoy here in Holyhead!!!!......
If you did not hear about or attend the Debacle in the Holyhead Town Hall 'Councillors' meeting in the Chambers last night then here's a short jist of what happened!

Our Councillors proved last night they are not fit to run for office. When asked by Councillor Shaun Redmond, why 2 questions he had asked in advance ( to the Clerk), some 9 days ago could not be spoken about, he was shouted down and the whole room erupted! and the meeting was suspended!

The Chairperson or Clerk could NOT come up with a remotely coherent response.

It saddens me to think this goes on every month and is being ignored by the electorate.

Question 1.) Why do the council want to sell off the 'Morawelon Children's Park......To this the Clerk sniggered. Whilst the Chairperson Shouted that they did not want to talk about this in front of the PUBLIC!!!

Question2.) Why did the Clerk on behalf of the Council REFUSE a petition with thousands of names on it and could they not speak about it now?....To this he was shouted at and told again that they would not talk about this in front of the PUBLIC!......

WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO HIDE?...... How democratic of them...

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 September 2015, 1728 »

I saw it on Facebook earlier.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/holyhead-council-meeting-stop-planning-10012834

The thing is, it's still not proof of anything untoward, it's just bad organisation and failure to keep order of an unruly crowd (or mob, cos it seems it got a bit out of control). It's a shame it degenerated into mud slinging and hysteria. If there are hard facts, then I hope whomever has the proof of the alleged council misdoings, has it in black and white and it can't be disputed. Otherwise it's the same old story, isn't it?
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 September 2015, 2325 »
Reenie,  the Daily Post version of events is incorrect.

This from another person in attendance:-

This was supposedly an Assets Committee meeting NOT a full council meeting so why were three senior staff members from Betsy Cadwalader trust there to speak for almost an hour on none assets business then the local lady pc who had nothing to report from the previous meeting only to advise they had little authority and we should report incidents by telephoning 101when it would be put before the correct department, issues concerning assets were not discussed and there was no discussion as mentioned in the paper of housing developement as the meeting was suspended and finally cancelled in total dissaray Time they actually printed the truth not the councillors version of events, this can be verified by three seperate tape recordings of events

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 September 2015, 1523 »
Hey Che,

I've seen the rants and hysteria all over fb. It seems to me that neither parties (the council and their opponents/accusors) can be taken seriously.
Bear in mind this is the perspective of an ex-pat looking at the whole saga (because it does seem like a saga) from a relatively neutral and definitely from an outsiders position.
I agree wholeheartedly that based on the reports of the chair sniggering at the reaction of a council member, another councillor laughing at the eruptions of the meeting and the general incapacity of a supposedly public body to control a formal information evening, not to mention the actual council body screaming back at the public, it's nothing short of farcical.
The representatives of the council in Holyhead have portrayed themselves as small minded, ill equipped and unprofessional. Unfortunately, the mud slinging, expletive flinging and hysteria from their counterparts is doing their cause no favours, especially if they want to be taken seriously.
Accusations flying across the ether in the manner of an ADHD teenager.
No structure to complaints.
Unsubstantiated explanations for where someone may or may not have got his/her money.
Unacceptable personal details and ugly rumours relating to various council members: speculation about their families, whether or not another councillors wife actually likes him, supposed shady affairs, denigrating remarks about the comments of a female councillor.
It screams inefficiency and whereas nobody can dispute that the locals are up in arms and desperate to replace the current council, or at least have clarity about their dealings, they need to calm down and become methodical.
Whilst the anti-council supporters are giving the sitting body ammunition like this to use against their opponents - the council will always have the high-ground.

If there is truth in any of the allegations, I hope it is revealed and I hope Cllr Rdmond and his supporters are able to expose it properly. However, they're not being taken seriously imo - so might need a regroup to plan a methodical strategy and gain some strength for their next battle :D
« Last Edit: Wednesday 09 September 2015, 1525 by Reenie »

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 September 2015, 1622 »
 I hope it is revealed and I hope Cllr Rdmond and his supporters are able to expose it properly. However, they're not being taken seriously imo

It's the council who aren't taking them seriously and think they are untochabl;e.  The petition they refused to accept on Monday regarding the Morawelon play area is a classic example, as is using council money to contract a solicitor to send threatening letters to another councillor because he refuses to keep quiet.   

The recall petition is still in production and is numbering in the several thousands now and they are refusing to take that seriously as well - apart from deliberately lying to the local population that if the council is recalled then everyone who works for it will lose their job and the dead will go unburied - which is drivel.

Several Freedom of Information requests regarding Monday night have been submitted by various interested parties and when the responses come I'll put them on here.

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 September 2015, 1652 »
Now that,  sounds like a plan  ;)