Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's the Bestest Mobile you ever had?  (Read 1223 times)

Online Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
What's the Bestest Mobile you ever had?
« on: Monday 25 January 2016, 2219 »
Or come to that, what Phones have you owned?

I started in 1995:
Nokia 5.1
Nokia 3300
Nokia 6103
Orange SPV M3000 (My favourite, mainly 'cos of the slide-out keypad)
Blackberry Curve
Blackberry Bold 9900 (The most reliable)
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (Current)

Apart from the 3300, which went as a trade in, I've still got them all - somewhere.
It's just the bear necessities of life!

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
Re: What's the Bestest Mobile you ever had?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 January 2016, 2253 »
I had my first one in 2000, a Philips somethingorother. I cannot remember much about any of my phones, they were just phones.

Last year I got my first smartphone, an iphone4S, it's OK , I've never got very excited about it although it is nice to have mobile internet. Next time I will go with EE though as I reckon their 4G is the best

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 January 2016, 0055 »
All mine have been hand me downs from the Present Mrs. Rascal. I never ever wanted one.  She insisted that it would be 'handy' in case I broke down and needed to call the AA.  Eventually I gave in and had it in my car.  After a year, I went to use it and there was no money on it, even though it had £10 pay as you go on there. So I asked her what this was all about and she said she had used it.

After that,she gave me one that I couldn't use at all, so she bought me one from the shop with keyboard pad thing on it.  I said to her, look, it's got the internet on it!  She told me the other two that I had had had it on as well.

So I still have that £30 Nokia pay as you go. 

I hate them!  With a passion.  What was supposed to be, 'handy' for emergencies, has turned into a device like handcuffs.  I can't go anywhere without it ringing, so I turn it off, then get shouted at when I get home.  Now RB has her own all singing all dancing phone, she phones me to pick her up off the school bus. Blydi walk child, it's only around the corner.

I was given a Galaxy III the other week, but I couldn't get it to work so I handed it back to the person that gave it to me. Tonight they have said that it has a battery saving mode and the screen goes black and you have to press the button.  I had pressed all the buttons, many times.

Mobile phones hate me because they know I can't use them properly.

Also, I hate it when you are talking to someone and their phone rings and they answer that rather than continue with your conversation. I walk away when someone does that.

And, in cafés and restaurants people sit through their entire meal, on the phone to someone else.  The one time the Present Mrs. Rascal attempted to go on her phone when we were in the Indian, I told her, if she goes on that, I am walking out. If she wants to be with other people, rather than me, then fair enough, but don't expect me to,sit there like a lemon while you chat away.

Apart from that,they are handy for calling the AA
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

Offline Reenie

• Original Welsh Dragon
  • Administrator
  • um..like ...where's Wils?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 January 2016, 0930 »
Hmmm, well technotard withstanding, I have a Galaxy s4 atm. Pat has an Samsung super duper thingy.

We both had I-phones but  got annoyed by i-tunes hostage techniques. I much prefer Android but have to admit it is more vulnerable than the aye-phone. Whats app is my favorite thing ever. I get t chat to the kids, to the grandchild, to the nieces in the UK etc. Share photos and funnies spontaneously, which can really brighten a persons day. The music is a lot easier to upload too.
In short, I'm happy :) Might get a bigger model (poss S6) when the contract runs out in Nov.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 January 2016, 1435 »
I'm controlled by a"handy" Doro -- one specially designed for people like me who are wildly unimpressed by "smart" phones.

The cariad bought it for me following an accident I had on the forecourt of Brixton police station involving my head-butting the pavement and being taken to the hospital in Denmark Hill.

Exciting yeah?
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Jean

• Not very Welsh dragon
  • Other
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 January 2016, 1713 »
I hope the pavement didn't suffer any damage, Tref ...

I'm not quite sure what I've got.  It says "Sony Ericsson" and "Vodafone".  It must be about 15 years old.

I generally keep it switched off, as (a) reception is bad where I live anyway, and (b) if people want to speak to me, they can ring the landline, rather than bother me when I'm out and about doing other things.

I have used it to call the AA ...

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 January 2016, 2011 »
I left the Nokia in Wales and the Samsung one was handed back.

The Nokia was collected and is switched off, ready to call the AA when needed.

The Samsung is now working again and ready to rock and roll. It has £10 on it.  That's a bit like two £5s'is. I have discovered that when I am in the library or sports centres (or Costa or somewhere like that) i can use the free wifi on it.
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 February 2016, 0048 »
I stepped out of the car, The Present Mrs. Rascal opened the front door and demanded, I text you, why didn't you answer?  The phone was switched off and I didn't look at it at all!

Offline Trefignath

• Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 February 2016, 1535 »
Switched off eh?

Just shows you -- you can't always rely on these modern contrarapshuns.

Offline Cod

• Control
  • Administrator
    • Caergybi.com
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 February 2016, 2153 »
...  an accident I had on the forecourt of Brixton police station involving my head-butting the pavement and being taken to the hospital in Denmark Hill....
Did you have a placard held aloft at the time - was it that kind of "accident"? Were the IPCC informed?

Phones what I have had:
Nokia 6110, 3210, 6210, 8210, 6310, 6230, 6210, N95
Samsung A300
Motorola V235
HTC Hero
Samsung Galaxy s3
Google Nexus 5 (current)

Work phones what I have had:
Nokia 6210, 3109, 1208
Blackberry Slide (current)
"The housecat may mock the tiger," said the master, "but doing so will not make his purr into a roar."

http://www.ipromoservices.com/products/Flower%20Database/id/1072/cat/L

Offline Trefignath

• Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 February 2016, 1548 »
When Bell invented the telephone he predicted that one day every town in America would have one.

Offline Shell

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 March 2016, 2303 »
I have had 4 mobile phones.
1, Sony....something or other
2, A little black flip phone with a mirror and diamonds on the front (most important). Can't remember make
3, Samsung slidey thing that still works
4, Samsung Tocco Lite (current phone). It's ancient and one of the first smart phones. It has no WIFI but has WAP? or something like that.

I'm thinking of going on Antiques Roadshow with it.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 March 2016, 2343 »
It's now March and I still haven't used free or pay for wifi on the phone.  How do you use it?

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 0917 »
I've got an iphone SE (64Gb) now. I needed the extra memory as, in my role as an electrical inspector, I need to regularly take photographs of electrical hazards.

My monthly data allowance is 3Gb. When I signed up for it I was watching/ listening to music on You Tube whilst at work and, with an average data use of 30Mb for each video, wanted to be able to watch 100 music videos a month. HOWEVER I have now discovered the wonders of Spotify and no longer need the big data allowance - well only to trawl the internet looking for new puns.
« Last Edit: Sunday 02 April 2017, 0920 by Baz »

Offline Wils

• There Is No Plan B
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 0948 »
>>HOWEVER I have now discovered the wonders of Spotify and no longer need the big data allowance - well only to trawl the internet looking for new puns<<

(picks up Baz's phone, smashes it into pieces, burns those pieces in a furnace, blows up the furnace, buries ruins in a 300 meter thick concrete sarcophagus, launches sarcophagus into deep space.  Blows up sarcophagus using Death Star.)
Even now
My thought is clinging as to a lost learning
Slipped down out of the minds of men,
Labouring to bring her back into my soul.

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 1005 »
>>HOWEVER I have now discovered the wonders of Spotify and no longer need the big data allowance - well only to trawl the internet looking for new puns<<

(picks up Baz's phone, smashes it into pieces, burns those pieces in a furnace, blows up the furnace, buries ruins in a 300 meter thick concrete sarcophagus, launches sarcophagus into deep space.  Blows up sarcophagus using Death Star.)

Oh I've been laughing at this for a few minutes now.... very very good stuff my friend.

Online Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 1430 »
Aye, but the Death Star itself got annialated by a bunch of teddy bears!
It's just the bear necessities of life!

Offline Wils

• There Is No Plan B
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 1507 »
Oh come on Nooks - we're talking about using the Death Star to destroy Baz's puns.  Surely you can see that sometimes the bad guys are the good guys? It's what Jedaye knight Ken Kenobi would have wanted.
Even now
My thought is clinging as to a lost learning
Slipped down out of the minds of men,
Labouring to bring her back into my soul.

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 April 2017, 1904 »
My first one was in my first pub back in 1998 in Heywood ( a little town between Bury and Rochdale with a population living a lifestyle akin to 'Shameless' ).   Can't remeber what make it was but it was a BT pay-as-you-go one that had been 'chipped' and every time you turned it off and back on it re-charged to £10 in credits.