Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Car park fees  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
Car park fees
« on: Thursday 26 May 2016, 0224 »
In the Country Park, there are car parking fees. Well! As you walk into the park, where the path takes you up the mountain, in the two old sections of the quarry, I can't remember the name but No1 seems to ring a bell or is it Caer glas? Anyway, on the signpost there, furled up and tacked on the other side of where you would naturally walk, is a sheet of paper with planning permission notice saying that the car parking fees are going to be increased.
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

Offline Che Guevaras Flip Flops

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
Re: Car park fees
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 May 2016, 1418 »
In the Country Park, there are car parking fees. Well! As you walk into the park, where the path takes you up the mountain, in the two old sections of the quarry, I can't remember the name but No1 seems to ring a bell or is it Caer glas? Anyway, on the signpost there, furled up and tacked on the other side of where you would naturally walk, is a sheet of paper with planning permission notice saying that the car parking fees are going to be increased.

I have heard that the car park is occasionally a 'dogging' venue.  And I notice you posted this in the early hours.

Any connection?

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 May 2016, 2356 »
yeah no
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 May 2016, 0006 »
Are you making that up about it's nocturnal usage?

There is a picnic area near Shrewsbury and that got raided by the police a couple of months ago and they arrested a load of doggers.

I haven't yet partook in this activity, I used to work with a caretaker that often did. He used to frequent Cannock Chase, the Airfield in Walsall and a picnic area in Telford. 
I have been to all three places but never seen anything like that go on, mainly because I went picking fruit and mushrooms on Cannock and walking with The Present Mrs. Rascal and RB and the spaniel when he was still here. The venue in Walsall, I have run some races there and all I ever saw were some people playing football, some others flying model aircraft and some runners heels in the Rotary 12k, later reduced to a 10k, and the picnic area was when I had a picnic.
The caretaker used to tell me and y what he had been up to at the weekends and then on Tuesday mornings I think it was when a bunch of them would meet and go off to a spot with one of the blokes and his wife. The mind boggles.  Anyway, he didn't stay married for very long, I thing his marriage must have been in difficulty for quite some time. He never once commented about the parking fees or the increase in cost or the sly way the notice had been out up, well out of the way of anyone actually using the machines.

Offline that guy

• Gravy
  • Bad Man
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 May 2016, 0912 »
Puts me right off going there having to pay to park.  I really like it there but rarely go

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 May 2016, 2337 »
I don't know if the parking restrictions/fees apply when the moon is at it's brightest

Offline Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
  • It's just the bear necessities of life!
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 May 2016, 1058 »
I am in two minds when it comes to paying for car parking. On the one hand, everything, including car parks, require a degree of maintenance which inevitably cost money and the Breakwater park is no exception. However, there is a vast difference between the cost of maintenance and the revenue received in most of the country.

I actually think Holyhead isn't too bad with its parking charges, especially given that the county council has a vast number of rural roads to maintain. obviously revenue from the parking is only a drop in the ocean towards this cost but it all helps.

Last month I did a job in that London. We arrived on Thursday evening just after 6pm so no congestion charge to pay, and did a deal with a local car park for 24 hours, during which we could take the 2 vans out at 4:30am, unload then return them then finally collect them just after 6pm Friday. It cost us 30.00 for the 2 vans - and believe me that is a cheap one.

Perhaps if they put a sign up at the Breakwater park saying that the parking charge is not for profit and will all be spent on the upkeep of the park, people may be more willing to pay it.
Mum! Dad! Wheres my breakfast gone? And who's that blonde tart in my bed?

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 June 2016, 2208 »
I am in two minds when it comes to paying for car parking. On the one hand, everything, including car parks, require a degree of maintenance which inevitably cost money and the Breakwater park is no exception. However, there is a vast difference between the cost of maintenance and the revenue received in most of the country.

I actually think Holyhead isn't too bad with its parking charges, especially given that the county council has a vast number of rural roads to maintain. obviously revenue from the parking is only a drop in the ocean towards this cost but it all helps.

Last month I did a job in that London. We arrived on Thursday evening just after 6pm so no congestion charge to pay, and did a deal with a local car park for 24 hours, during which we could take the 2 vans out at 4:30am, unload then return them then finally collect them just after 6pm Friday. It cost us 30.00 for the 2 vans - and believe me that is a cheap one.

Perhaps if they put a sign up at the Breakwater park saying that the parking charge is not for profit and will all be spent on the upkeep of the park, people may be more willing to pay it.

I worked at a hotel on the Edgeware Road last year (Hilton) and they charged all guests, staff and contractors 35 quid a day to use the hotel car park.  If you had a problem with it there was a private car park just down the road that charged 27 quid.

Also, the Queens Hotel in Chester charges guests a tenner a day, which is cheaper than the nearby car parks.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 June 2016, 2233 »
I detest paying for car parking and avoid it whenever I can. I never pay in Shrewsbury, but park a bit out of town and walk five minutes to get in, which it probably takes from the car park anyway.  A couple of years ago we went to that there London, parked on the outskirts and got the tube in.  The car parking there was cheaper all day that a couple of hours in Shrewsbury.  Blydi cheek!

What annoyed me about the car parking fees in the quarry park is not that you have to pay, or indeed that the fees are due to be increased. What gripped my dung was the sly way in which the sign has been placed in an area well away from the car parking meter.

I still haven't been there dogging either.

Offline Trefignath

• Dignified Elderly and Venerated Oldie
  • Administrator
  • Back Again.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 June 2016, 0032 »
How much do they charge for dogging then?
Not waiting for the others.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 June 2016, 0157 »
K9

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 June 2016, 0030 »
Not only that no, but there is planning permission applied for, for 28 caravan places in the quarry there

• Tatw Pum Munud
  • www.savepenrhos.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 June 2016, 1105 »
Not only that no, but there is planning permission applied for, for 28 caravan places in the quarry there

This was reported in the HAM as well last year I think.  If I recall, certain well known personalities are involved and despite this being a park and an AONB it will go ahead but I can't remember exactly so I will leave it at that.

Offline Rascal

• Other
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 19 June 2016, 2341 »
I saw the application posted on a sign in the country park!