Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours  (Read 165 times)

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
Noisy Neighbours
« on: Saturday 15 April 2017, 1438 »
I currently live in a quiet part of the Millbank/ Plas Road area of Holyhead.

In recent months there has been a spate of domestic disputes in the house opposite mine with arguing & shouting in the street. The police have been called numerous times and arrested the husband/ ex- husband at the centre of the rows.

Now it seems they've been evicted from the rented house and all is quiet and peaceful again !

Have you experienced noisy/ disruptive/ anti social neighbours ? spill the beans !

Offline Jean

• Not very Welsh dragon
  • Other
Re: Noisy Neighbours
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 1609 »
Fortunately, the place where we live at the moment is fairly quiet.

But, in the past, we have had problems in other places, mainly in London ...  Very difficult to get anything done about it.

Offline Baz

• The Mountie
  • Panad
  • BOOM BOOM !
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 1627 »
Yes which is why some people take the law into their own hands.

A dog has been yapping in nearby Plas Road at stupid o clock in recent days. I might have to set my 1 metre long cat on it.

Offline Nooks

• Bear faced cheek!
  • Other
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 2331 »
It's not so much noisy neighbours that annoy me, it is their incredible talent at leaving their cars in the most riciculous places on the road, whilst their drives remain empty. I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac, and the turn around point is constantly filled with parked cars. If I have a trailer on, it is virtually impossible to turn around. The refuse wagon generally has to reverse 200 yards back to the start of the road to get out.
It's just the bear necessities of life!

Offline Jean

• Not very Welsh dragon
  • Other
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 April 2017, 1727 »

A dog has been yapping in nearby Plas Road at stupid o clock in recent days. I might have to set my 1 metre long cat on it.

One of our neighbours (well known for being exceptionally difficult and awkward) had a dog or dogs that indulged in nuisance barking last autumn.  Me and my next door neighbour (who's tall and likes shooting, which I suppose makes him look more intimidating) joined forces and went round to see the daughter of the offending owner ...  I can't say it did a particular lot of good at the time, but, some weeks ago, for some unknown reason, the barking stopped entirely ...

But nuisance barking can be a huge problem.

More advice  ...

Or gizmos to shut a (nearby) dog up ...

Offline Jean

• Not very Welsh dragon
  • Other
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 April 2017, 1728 »
It's not so much noisy neighbours that annoy me, it is their incredible talent at leaving their cars in the most riciculous places on the road, whilst their drives remain empty. I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac, and the turn around point is constantly filled with parked cars. If I have a trailer on, it is virtually impossible to turn around. The refuse wagon generally has to reverse 200 yards back to the start of the road to get out.

Catch Miss Julie, and train her to lurk in the cul-de-sac and terrorise the offending motorists, Nooks ...