Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunder and Lightning  (Read 510 times)

Offline that guy

• Gravy
  • Bad Man
Thunder and Lightning
« on: Monday 03 July 2017, 1049 »
As a small child my Nain used to give me this dish for breakfast before I went out to play, but never in Cybi Place!  The name Thunder & Lightning is enough to make any boy want to eat it.  I remembered it this weekend and treated myself.

For the uninitiated, it's toast with jam [the thunder clouds] with cream dribbled over it [the lightning].

I spent years looking for the cough medicine she used to give me.  It wasn't until I made a very sweet sloe gin that I finally found it!

What did your nain used to make you?

Offline Rascal

• Other
  • I love my daughter more than any pig
Re: Thunder and Lightning
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 July 2017, 0034 »
The best chips in a frying pan that was so old, it had doubled its weight in a skin of black carbon deposit on the outside

And she made us feel loved
IT IS RASCALS BIRTHDAY BEFORE MONKEY FIDDLERS!!! STILL!!!      
Oooh, it's all "Wils, Wils, Wils!"
Rascal bach, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at your last post.  You are so funny.
I think Rascal should apologise for Wils - seriously!

Offline that guy

• Gravy
  • Bad Man
Re: Thunder and Lightning
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 July 2017, 1044 »
OH!  I had forgotten how good chips in a frying pan could be!  I bet the teapot had a coating of tannin on the inside too and god help you if you ever washed it.

Nain's are great are making you feel loved.

My nain used to tell me to "watch the step" when I was going to the kitchen.  I always used to wonder why I had to be so careful about the step, a solid piece of slate and never stood on it.  I realise now she was worried I might fall over it and not that I might break the step!